Please donate to Citizendium
We continue to need funds to keep the server running. Please donate!
The Treasurer is Mark Widmer.
Donations by Credit Card or Paypal
Donations by electronic Bill Pay
If you would prefer to set up an automatic, recurring transfer directly into the Citizendium account, please contact Pat Palmer via the email below.
Please send email to manager A T citizendium.org .
or the wiki. This option is especially helpful, as it avoids the nearly 3% fees incurred on donations made by Paypal or credit card.
How our funds are used
Donated funds will be used for the following:
- server costs ($99.00 monthly as of Apr 2022)
- domain registrar costs (about $300 every five years, last paid in July 2020)
- email hosting costs (for registration procedure and to verify us to others)
- unavoidable business expenses such as Paypal fees
All spending will be shown on the annual financial report.
We operate like a non-profit with no employees. There are no salaries, although we've occasionally had paid an expert temporarily to help with technology. See our financial report.
If in the future we decide to shut down, any leftover funds will be donated to the Internet Archive.
- N.B. At this time, Citizendium is not organized as a 501(c) non-profit (though operating like one), and your contributions will not be income tax deductible.