1st Cavalry Division/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to 1st Cavalry Division, or pages that link to 1st Cavalry Division or to this page or whose text .
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- Battle of the Ia Drang : First divisional-scale battle involving helicopter-borne air assault troops, with U.S. forces against those of North Vietnam
- Battle of Bong Son : First battle, in the Vietnam War, involving combat by a reinforced helicopter-borne division, with all elements in combat at the same time.
- Operation DESERT SABRE : That part of the Gulf War that began when conventional units of the Coalition crossed the Kuwaiti or Iraqi border, and ended with the cease-fire.
- Air assault : Military operations in which infantry are carried by aircraft onto, or very near, the target, or by parachuting. The aircraft may be helicopters, tilt-rotor aircraft, short-landing transports, or, historically, gliders.