2009 Afghanistan presidential election, campaign/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to 2009 Afghanistan presidential election, campaign, or pages that link to 2009 Afghanistan presidential election, campaign or to this page or whose text .
- Afghanistan : A Islamic republic in Central Asia, with an unstable but elected government; borders China, Iran, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan
- UNAMA : Add brief definition or description
- Kai Eide : Norwegian diplomat; former UN Special Envoy to Afghanistan and head of the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA); previously represented Norway in NATO, OSCE, and CSCE
- Peter Galbraith : United Nations and United States of America diplomat, who has recently been involved in charges and countercharges about fraud in the 2009 Afghanistan presidential election
- Hamid Karzai : President of Afghanistan, who took interim office in 2002, was reelected to a full five-year term in 2004, and gained another term after a disputed election in August 2009; Pashtun of the Durrani tribe
- Abdullah Abdullah : Candidate in the 2009 Afghanistan presidential election; former Foreign Minister; ophthalmologist; half Tajik and half Pashtun but tends to be regarded as Tajik
- International Security Assistance Force : United Nations authorized, North Atlantic Treaty Organization-commanded military and security force in Afghanistan, in both a combat and training role
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.