Accuracy and precision/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Accuracy and precision, or pages that link to Accuracy and precision or to this page or whose text .
- Metrology : Add brief definition or description
- Statistics : A branch of mathematics that specializes in enumeration, or counted, data and their relation to measured data.
- Accuracy of measurement : closeness of the agreement between the result of a measurement and the value of the measurand
- Measurand : The true value of a parameter of an object or phenomenon being measured (i.e., the measurement free of measurement error)
- Measurement : The act of quantifying a property of an object or relation; the output of the instrument or procedure that does the quantification
- : closeness of the agreement between the results of successive measurements of the same measurand carried out under the same conditions of measurement
- Circular error probability : The most common metric of how close to a target a weapon will strike: the radius of a circle, centered on the mean impact point, in which half the projectiles of that weapon will hit
- Precision-guided munition : A powered or unpowered weapon that adjusts its flight path to hit a specific target, with a circular error probability in the low number of meters, often less than the radius of destruction
- Sensitivity and specificity : measures for assessing the results of diagnostic and screening tests.