Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Bhangmeter, or pages that link to Bhangmeter or to this page or whose text .
- Electro-optical MASINT : A subdiscipline of measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), which has similarities to but complements imagery intelligence (IMINT); it does not form images, but validates them and produces information on phenomena that emit, absorb, or reflect electromagnetic energy in the infrared, visible light, or ultraviolet spectra, where the value is knowledge of the type of energy detected
- National technical means of verification : Euphemism principally for imagery intelligence satellites and other means of strategic arms control verification, principally because the Soviet Union did not want its public to know that they could not prevent Western observation of the state
- Nuclear weapon : an extremely dangerous bomb based atomic fission (the "atom bomb" or A-bomb) or fusion (the "hydrogen" or H-bomb); a powerful conventional bomb is also needed to trigger the atomic reaction.
- Infrared : In physics and engineering, a non-visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum ranging from wavelengths of 750 nm to 1 mm, between the darkest visible red and the shortest submillimeter wave radar