|Citizendium Managing Editor|
|Community input | Pending decisions | Decisions | Referrals | Appeals | Guidelines | External relations|
|How to Edit||
As of late 2020, we no longer have an elected Managing Editor, but our management team is still about to make swift decisions and help resolve disputes if necessary. Please use the email below.
Please send email to manager A T citizendium.org .
to learn more. The information below does not apply at the present time.Pat Palmer (talk) 21:10, 24 September 2020 (UTC)
The role of Managing Editor is established by the following articles of the Citizendium Charter.
- The Managing Editor has the following duties:
- to ensure by means of executive decisions that the principles and policies of the Citizendium are effectively and coherently observed; such decisions shall be based on established policy where defined;
- to make interim decisions on behalf of the Citizendium Council when established policy does not provide guidance; these decisions shall be overridden by the establishment of relevant policy;
- to represent the Citizendium in its relations with external bodies, such as the mass media, and academic or non-academic institutions;
- to offer guidance on existing policy and its interpretation to help resolve disputes; to advise the Council; and settle disputes including imposing interim solutions pending relevant policy decisions. Throughout, the Managing Editor's guidance is expected to be in accord with the established principles and policies of Citizendium, and particularly with the Charter. The Managing Editor is available to mediate any dispute. The Managing Editor mediates a dispute when requested by all involved parties or when requested by the Chief Constable. Agreements worked out through mediation shall be binding but may be appealed.
The Managing Editor shall be elected by a simple majority of the voting citizenry during the same election period as the Citizendium Council. Any Editor in good standing may be nominated for the position, and all valid, accepted nominations must appear on the ballot.
Mode of practice
If issues arise that require (or would benefit from) attention by the Managing Editor, please check whether such an act would be compatible with the role outlined above. If you think it is, or at least could be, please post the issue as explained at CZ:Managing Editor/Community input.