27th United States Congress/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to 27th United States Congress, or pages that link to 27th United States Congress or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. Congress : The legislature of the United States federal government, comprising the House of Representatives and the Senate.
- Congresses of the United States of America : Add brief definition or description
- Congresses of the United States, Whig majority : Add brief definition or description
- Vice President of the United States of America : A U.S. official who runs for election as an adjunct to the President, who presides over the Senate, and who would assume the Presidency in case of a vacancy in that office,
- President pro tempore of the Senate : A senior member of the U.S. Senate, who presides in the absence of the Vice President of the United States
- Speaker of the House of Representatives (U.S) : Presiding official of the U.S. House of Representatives; a senior member of the majority party
- William Henry Harrison : (1773–1841) Ninth U.S. President (1841, succeeded upon his death by vice-president John Tyler), first governor of Indiana Territory, and a senator representing Ohio.
- John Tyler : (1790–1862) Tenth U.S. President (from 1841 to 1845), responsible for the annexation of Texas leading up to the Mexican-American War.
- Whig Party : Party of the Second Party System, 1830 to mid-1850s, formed by Henry Clay to battle President Andrew Jackson's policies.