< AeneidJump to navigation Jump to search
- Aeneas : Trojan hero of the epic story by the Roman poet Virgil called the Aeneid.
- Journey of Aeneas : In the Aeneid by Virgil, a catalog of the many places in the Mediterranean Sea visited by the fleeing Trojan hero Aeneas.
- Virgil : (70-19 BC) Roman poet; wrote the Aeneid, one of the masterpieces of world literature.
- Troy (ancient city) : Add brief definition or description
- Juno (mythology) : in Greek and Roman mythology, goddess of marriage, daughter of Saturn, jealous wife (and sister) of Zeus; caused numerous troubles for the hero of the Aeneid]; especially despised Trojans.
- Aphrodite : Add brief definition or description
- Italy : Southern European republic (population c. 58.1 million; capital Rome) that has northern borders with France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, and coastlines on the Tyrrhenian, Mediterranean, Ionian and Adriatic seas; founding member of the European Union.
- Rome : The capital city of Italy.
- Carthage : Add brief definition or description
- Dido : Legendary founder of Carthage, a city in modern day Tunisia which was later to become a prominent rival to Rome.