Air preheater/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Air preheater, or pages that link to Air preheater or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products.
- Chemical Engineering : Add brief definition or description
- Thermal power plant : An electric power plant in which all of the electricity is produced by using a heat source to generate steam that drives a steam turbine which rotates an electrical generator.
- Acid dew point : The temperature, at a given pressure, at which any gaseous acid present in combustion product flue gases will start to condense into liquid acid.
- Boiler : Add brief definition or description
- Combustion : A sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat or both heat and light in the form of either a glow or flames.
- Conventional coal-fired power plant : power plant that burns coal in a steam generator to produce high pressure steam, which goes to steam turbines that generate electricity.
- Deaerator : A device used for the removal of air and other dissolved gases from the feedwater to steam generating boilers.
- Flue gas : The gas that exits to the atmosphere via a flue which may be a pipe, channel or chimney for conveying combustion product gases from a fireplace, oven, furnace, boiler or steam generator.
- Flue gas desulfurization : The technology for removing sulfur dioxide from the flue gases resulting from the combustion of coal or fuel oil in power plant steam generators or other large combustion sources.
- Flue gas stack : A vertical pipe, channel or chimney (also referred to as a smokestack) through which combustion product gases (flue gases) are exhausted to the atmosphere. Includes the draft (draught) effect of hot gases flowing through tall stacks (chimneys).
- Furnace : Add brief definition or description
- Heat exchanger : Add brief definition or description
- Steam : The vapor (or gaseous) phase of water (H2O).
- Steam generator : A device that uses a heat source to boil liquid water and convert it into its vapor phase, referred to as steam.
- Water : A chemical compound with one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms (H20). It is often in a liquid form and makes up the bulk of the oceans, lakes, rivers and living organisms.
- Water dew point : The temperature of a gas mixture, at a given pressure, at which any water vapor in the gas mixture will start to condense into liquid water.