Atmospheric lapse rate/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Atmospheric lapse rate, or pages that link to Atmospheric lapse rate or to this page or whose text .
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Adiabatic process : Add brief definition or description
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Atmospheric thermodynamics : Add brief definition or description
- Atmospheric turbulence : Add brief definition or description
- Earth's atmosphere : An envelope of gas that surrounds the Earth and extends from the Earth's surface out thousands of kilometres, becoming increasingly thinner (less dense) with distance but always held in place by Earth's gravitational pull.
- Fluid dynamics : The branch of physics that deals with the flow of fluids, i.e., liquids and gases.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration : Independent agency of the U.S. government responsible for the nation's public space program.
- National Center for Atmospheric Research : A non-governmental U.S.-based institute whose mission is "exploring and understanding our atmosphere and its interactions with the Sun, the oceans, the biosphere, and human society."
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : A scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- Physical geography : Add brief definition or description
- Pressure : A ratio equal to the force applied perpendicular to the surface of the area divided by that area (force/area).
- Temperature : A fundamental quantity in physics - describes how warm or cold a system is.
- Water dew point : The temperature of a gas mixture, at a given pressure, at which any water vapor in the gas mixture will start to condense into liquid water.
- Dew point (A redirect)