Atomic bomb/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Atomic bomb, or pages that link to Atomic bomb or to this page or whose text .
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Atomic energy : Add brief definition or description
- Nuclear fission : A reaction by which a nucleus of a suitable isotope of an element with a high atomic number splits into two nuclei of lower atomic numbers and one or more neutrons and a relatively large release of energy per atom.
- Nuclear fusion : A process in which small atomic nuclei fuse and release energy. In a hydrogen bomb, fusion of deuterium and tritium (two isotopes of hydrogen) releases four times as much energy as the same mass of uranium in a fission bomb.
- : A term coined by Leo Szilard to describe a cascade of fissioning atomic nuclei, when neutrons released by one atom trigger multiple other atoms to also fission, releasing even more neutrons
- Hiroshima bomb : Add brief definition or description
- Nagasaki bomb : Add brief definition or description
- Fat man : Add brief definition or description
- Little boy : Add brief definition or description
- : The Manhattan project was a project to turn an entire city into an uninhabitable wasteland - hence the name Manhattan