Bank of England/Addendum
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Bank of England Act 1694]
- founded the Bank of England.
- Bank Charter Act, 1844.
- gave the Bank of England the exclusive right to issue banknotes and tied the note issue to the Bank's gold reserves..
- Bank of England Act 1946.
- the nationalisation of the Bank of England.
- gave the Bank responsibility for setting interest rates to meet the Government's stated inflation target.
- Banking Act
- included the Special Resolution Regime[, 2009.